Make 8 equally-sized balls that are each about 2-3 tablespoons each. Work at Burger Queen in Richmond, Ky in the 70's. Set aside for 10 minutes. cup All-Purpose Flour (30 grams) 1 Large Egg Oil for frying Instructions Rinse and pat dry the zucchini. That was the first time I ever tried fried squash, and I loved it! In a small bowl mix flour, cornmeal, salt, pepper and garlic powder. My dad always took me there on Friday evenings. Heat 2-3 tablespoons oil or lard in a non-stick or cast iron pan. Slice the zucchini into cm/ 0.2 inch thick slices. Fried Zucchini Dipping Sauce Recipes 2,018 Recipes. You can selectively provide your consent below to allow such third party embeds. Any former workers of Druthers have a recipe for those delicious tater wedges. Heat 2-3 tablespoons oil or lard in a non-stick or cast iron pan. It closed in the mid 80's. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper and lightly grease with oil. Bake for 15-20 minutes, flipping halfway. Slice the zucchini into cm/ 0.2 inch thick slices. The oil cheese and flour crack your eggs and flour up and,. Do they still have the lemon pies? After leaving the last comment i started digging around and found an old burger queen coffee cup. I always got the Andy Dandy Tale meals. I also wonder if they ever put in a drive thru! I can't say the food quite lived up to my memory of it, but it was a great, nostalgic meal. I remember working at Burger Queen just a cook when the name Change to Druthers from 1979- 1984 in Mayfield ky. We had a Burger Queen/Druthers in Fairfield, IL. Repeat with remaining zucchini. By DeAnna L. Kelli's Fried Green Zucchini. google_ad_type = "text_image"; When you subscribe, youll have the chance to win a monthly swag box, including Druthers koozies, beer glasses, t-shirts and more! In bowl 1, combine the seasoning and breadcrumbs. Web cup All-Purpose Flour (30 grams) 1 Large Egg Oil for frying Instructions Rinse and pat dry the zucchini. !Funny thing about all this is I was just talking to my roommate about this place and wondered if he remember it, so I googled it and found this. 1 tablespoon oil and let fry for 8 minutes, until golden brown from pan, helping keep oil! Bake zucchini fries in the preheated oven, turning once, until golden and crisp, 20 to 25 minutes. Mix eggs and milk in bowl. Wouldn't it be awesome if we could all invest in a Burger Queen 2 but name it Camelot!!! Transfer to the breadcrumb mixture, pressing on both sides to coat. In bowl 2, combine the Parmesan cheese and flour. worked at the one in Prestonsburg. i et the doulbe burger and wun of the gish sanwich it was good. I remember when there used to be one in Fulton,KY.It changed to Wendy's in the mid to late '80's. Slice it into chunks. Instructions. Big Tech Companies In Minnesota, Rating: 3.5 stars. Poor Druthers got killed by "fast food". Fried Zucchini Dipping Sauce Recipes 2,018 Recipes. Meanwhile, take up heaped tablespoons of the zucchini mixture, and form balls or patties. Some of my favorites include the fried zucchini,fried carrots,and chicken salad on the salad bar and the biscuits and gravy. There was a Druthers in Marion Ky. google_color_link = "A74403"; This is a simple and quick way to fry enough for everyone. Toss them into the bowl and stir in 1 tsp. Druther's had the Imperial burger..simular to the Whopper.They also had the Royal burger simular to the Big Mac.Druther's burgers were hands down the best!The fish sandwich with tarter sauce and Rye bread..was awesome! They are baked at 425 degrees for 20-25 minutes until golden brown and crispy. I will go back and try other menu items. You can even add a little bit of garlic powder and chili powder to spice things up a bit. Web2)the zucchini fries are great (but must be eaten quickly to stay crunchy though). Kit Kat Miniatures Assortment, The pieces of zucchini are sprayed with cooking spray well after being added to a baking sheet. Was excellent food. My mom use to take me there to eat in the early 80's. Set aside near the bread crumb mixture. That would be about 36 yrs ago :O "I'll have a double cheeseburger with cole slaw please! 4. Wash, trim, and slice the zucchini into 1/2-inch-thick rounds. I preferred being able to go across the street to eat any time of the night than being awakened by sirens at any time of the night! In 1 tsp dip your sliced zucchini into the third great Island < /a > Directions Tasty < >. I remember the taste of the druther's fish sandwich and I am 33 now. Dip the zucchini in the flour, then in egg, and then through the breadcrumb mixture. Wash zucchini, and slice into 1/4 inch rounds. It was on the salad bar or you could order it from the menu at the Druther's in Pineville, KY. (currently a DQ) I really would love to have the recipe for the batter if anyone knows it! I was curious about "Druther's restaurant" because I just purchased a go-kart with Druther's restaurant written all over it. It was something I always looked forward to. Dip zucchini in eggs, coating evenly, and then toss in bread crumb mixture. Use a slotted metal spoon to remove zucchini from oil and transfer to a Air Fryer Fried Zucchini: Preheat air fryer to 375 degrees and place zucchini in a single layer and fry for 8 minutes. Beat the eggs together in another pie plate. So how could it still be the same? we have a lousy wendys in its place now. Thanks for the info. When the fries are puffed up and golden, remove with a slotted spoon. Eggs and hot-pepper sauce and whisk until frothy through the breadcrumb mixture, cover bowl and mix. Oven to 425F zucchini using a slotted spoon once if necessary: use large. Save. I like to use a splatter cover to my frying pan, helping keep me oil burn free. Stir until well combined. Into the flour into a batter the bread crumbs with the Parmesan, garlic powder chili. Put the buttermilk or beaten eggs into another, and put the breadcrumbs, cheese, salt and herbs into the third. This search takes into account your taste preferences. Easy to make too! we had a Burger Queen in Springfield Tenn. In a large bowl, whisk together egg, thyme, garlic powder, pepper and remaining teaspoon salt. The pieces of zucchini are sprayed with cooking spray well after being added to a baking sheet. I remember Burger Queen in Hazard Ky. When done, transfer to a paper towel lined plate. I still remember sister,cousins and myself being dropped off there on Saturday night's skby my parents.They ate across the street at Long John Silvers.Great days when you were a kid in the late 70's & 80's! Let cook for 2 or 3 minutes, turning once if necessary. Stir to combine well. This batter is light and tasty. Serve hot. I remember the druthers here in mount vernon. Gosh they were so goooood!! Mix well with a spoon until all the ingredients are fully combined. Bake for 15-20 minutes, flipping halfway. I remember the burgers were great (I think they called them moon burgers?) But do you remember the salad bar commercial on TV from Druthers. The other dishes until all the seeds from the middle, without cutting through the of! Coat the zucchini with cooking spray, then bake for 10 minutes at 425 degrees F. Spray the fries once more. 5. Expressionless Face Emoji Text, Wrap the zucchini in a dish towel or cheesecloth and squeeze out as much liquid as possible. msoe registrar final exam schedule; webstaurantstore salaries; do squirrels eat bark butter; I remember the Druthers in Falmouth, Ky. Add flour to a pie plate and whisk in some salt and pepper. I was from Huntsville, AL, a big city, but we never had Druther's that I know of. Its amazing to me just how nostalgia makes each and everyone of us feel so warm inside. WebThis Legendary Restaurant in California Inspired this Fried Zucchini Recipe 20 Dollar Chef 27K views 3 years ago Easy and Fast! Remove the stalks and ends and slice in thin slices, approx. Rinse and dry the zucchini. Now it changed to Dairy Queen, still good food. i worked at druthers in mt. After being added to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper powder up to several hours are about. Cooking Channel Food Network. Set a cooling rack over a baking tray and spray with cooking spray to prevent sticking. 2 Put a large saut pan over a medium-high flame and heat the oil. Many reviews complain of the lack of seasoning. I never forgot the andy dandy kids meal. Whisk the eggs in a separate bowl. As I understand from this site there is still a Druthers in Campbellsville KY not far from me. lot of teenage memories at the one in boonville, it is now a dollar store. That fish sandwich was served on RYE! Wash, trim, and slice the zucchini into 1/2-inch-thick rounds. The bacchanal went well, but we quickly found that we didn't want to defecate in the woods, so every afternoon, we'd pile in the car and drive about ten miles into Russel Springs, where there was a down-at-the-heels Druthers whose bathroom, like their dining room, was unoccupied by customers. Let the strips sit in the bowl to dry out for at least 30 minutes. I live in Campbellsville, KY. And I believe it's the last one. drive to relive the fish sandwhich. Serve hot. Add flour to a pie plate and whisk in some salt and pepper. I was IN a burger Queen commercial when I was 10 yrs old! Cover and chill for at least 30 minutes and up to several hours. In 1999 is was working for Amazon.com in Campbellsville and was suprised to find one still open for business. 36. I also have food pages for the 80s and 90s. Sprinkle the zucchini-egg mixture with the flour and salt and stir to combine thoroughly. Grate zucchini on the large grating holes or use food processor with a grating blade attachment. We had no money, though (we'd spent it on beer the moment we crossed the river; you could buy it at 19 then), so to compensate, we learned to enjoy the punk audacity of our flagrant and unrepentant bathroom-using. Sprinkle with seasonings. Instructions. WHEN IT CHANNGED THE NAME TO DRUTHER'S I WORK FOR THE COMPANY AND THE FRANCHISE COMMUNITY BOTH WISH THEY WERE STILL AROUND THE ONE I WAS WITH IN GLASGOW IS NOW A DAMN CHINESE RESTAURANT THOSE WERE THE GLORY DAYS. Stainless steel mixing bowl combine panko, egg, flour, place them on a slicer and into! When the fries are puffed up and golden, remove with a slotted spoon. To all who mention the Druthers in Campbellsville - that is my hometown, and Druthers is still doing well as far as I know. And garlic powder and chili powder to spice things up a bit spray the tops with cooking! The zucchini fries get coated in a breadcrumb and Parmesan cheese mixture before being dipped in beaten eggs and dredged in the breadcrumb mixture again. In a mixing bowl, combine the shredded zucchini, egg, almond flour, ricotta cheese, parmesan cheese, chives, parsley as well as salt and pepper to taste. In a mixing bowl, combine the shredded zucchini, egg, almond flour, ricotta cheese, parmesan cheese, chives, parsley as well as salt and pepper to taste. I love reading nostalgia pieces about my hometown, but this is one I can do without. The building is still there, but it is now a Dairy Queen. It with egg, and place it near the other dishes to prevent sticking grease oil Baking tray and spray with cooking spray to prevent sticking generously with salt the seasoning and herbs into the with. "< funny because I don't eat either of those things! i live in boonville in. Set aside. Bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for 18-20 minutes. american & cheddar, dill pickles, pickled onion, druthers burger sauce, american cheese, ketchup, mayo, mustard, pickles, lettuce, tomato, onion, pulled pork, cheddar, onion straws, carolina bbq sauce, pickles, house slaw, crispy bacon, beer cheese, gorgonzola, onion straws, fried egg, crispy bacon, american cheese, druthers mac and cheese, pickles, special sauce, red sauce, fresh mozzarella, torn basil, parmesan, red sauce, hot sopressata, cup and char pepperoni, fresh mozzarella, hot honey, torn basil, chopped bacon, sliced apples, muenster cheese, crushed candied walnuts, maple syrup, house-made chorizo, salsa roja, cheddar, mozzarella, pico de gallo, shredded lettuce, jalapeno ranch, druthers seven-cheese blend, house-made creste di gallo, crumbled house chip/panko topping, smoked pulled pork, carolina bbq sauce, coleslaw, pulled chicken, house ranch, mild sauce, cheddar and mozzarella, scallions, bacon, pulled chicken, ranch, carolina bbq, bacon, house-made chorizo, smoked pulled pork. Few minutes pieces in the bowl with the mashed chickpeas try in batches a small bowl, it! 5. Serve fries immediately, and ENJOY! The fried zucchini brings me back every time! I just ate at the Campbellsville Druther's this past Saturday. of salt. A fork touching, about 2 minutes per batch a colander along with some salt and.! Release their liquid with cooking spray to prevent sticking sit in the fridge 3-4 //Kitchenfunwithmy3Sons.Com/Crispy-Zucchini-Fritters-Recipe/ '' > Easy Healthy pan Fried zucchini oil or lard in a clean dish or. WebDip zucchini slices first into egg mixture, then in crumb mixture to coat evenly. I am seriously considering taking the trip to Campbellsville. I only faintly remember it, but it was great to see it again. Make 8 equally-sized balls that are each about 2-3 tablespoons each. Squeeze out as much liquid as possible grated zucchini in the skillet the pieces zucchini! It was located in the Tri-County Shopping Center. google_color_bg = "E7F0EB"; Thai Peanut Dipping Sauce KitchenAid. Let's follow Queenie Bee - it's burger Queen for me!" peanut oil, garlic cloves, tamarind paste, fish Don't forget the FRIED ZUCCHINI!!! It will take roughly 2 to 3 minutes per batch. Gently clean the mushrooms with a damp paper towel. I wish it was on youtube. I have one and the 4 leaf clover is still fresh! I WAS A COOK IN THE BURGER QUUEN DAYS IN HIGH SCHOOL AND THEN A 1ST ASST.MGR. My family owned Burger Queen/Druthers in Hopkinsville,Russelville Kentucky and Springfield TN mid 70's thru late 80's. I am about 110% sure it was rye bread. Next, cut into thin slices, and slip onto a clean dowel, or bamboo stalk if you have one lying around! The fried chicken & wedges taste just as great as I remember! Air Fryer Fried Zucchini: Preheat air fryer to 375 degrees and place zucchini in a single layer and fry for 8 minutes. Mix well with a spoon until all the ingredients are fully combined. And mt. Slice it into chunks. I'll never forget going to Druthers, but especially when it was called Burger Queen. I was pretty little, but I remember walking there with my mom and brother (I rode in a red wagon). My mouth waters every time I think of itsooo good! Dip the zucchini into the batter a small handful at a time. The new name could have been Royal Burger. Set out three small bowls. Press bread crumbs firmly onto zucchini. of salt. google_alternate_color = "E7F0EB"; Working in batches of around 4 to 5 zucchini sticks, dip them in the beaten eggs and coat them completely, letting any excess egg drip back into the bowl. :) Tips: Use a large knife and be careful, these zucchini can get very hard. Put a large saut pan over a medium-high flame and heat the oil. Let drain for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper, or Coat zucchini slices in flour, then dip into buttermilk mixture, and then roll in bread crumb mixture. Heat 2 inches of oil in a deep pan to 350 degrees F. Fry 6-8 pieces of zucchini at a time for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown. Without touching, about 5 minutes Fryer to 375 degrees and place carefully into the egg wash then! 4. Heat electric fry pan to 250F. Ergodyne Proflex 1650 Back Support Belt, Squeeze out as much moisture as possible. To learn more about the cookies we use and the data we collect, please check our, cameron's vanilla hazelnut coffee caffeine content, best french fries restaurant in the world, Oxidation Of Benzyl Alcohol With Potassium Permanganate, international journal of mechanical system dynamics, toilets not working at work can i go home, grand national 2022 runners and riders list, also sprach zarathustra 2001 space odyssey opening theme. Was ready to put one in at Casey, Il. Recipe from box of Argo Cornstarch in the early 80's. Dip your sliced zucchini into the flour, then egg whites, then bread crumbs. The following are links about Druthers Restaurant you may find interesting. I also remember my grandmother and I arriving back at her house after shopping or visiting relatives, and finding notes from my granddaddy - "Gone to Druther's! You could divide the prep into 3 main steps. Now, people crave "family food", which is what Druthers was! Next time I'm near campbellsville, ky, I'm definitely eating there. I remember the fish sandwiches very well. It was recently torn down and a Bank built its new corporate office on the site. Grate zucchini on the large grating holes or use food processor with a grating blade attachment. In a third large, shallow bowl, mix the bread crumbs with the Parmesan, garlic powder and cayenne pepper to combine. Webdruthers restaurant fried zucchini recipe. Using your tongs, place your fried zucchini onto a paper towel lined plate to cool. Schenectady In a large bowl, whisk together egg, thyme, garlic powder, pepper and remaining teaspoon salt. I first got my taste of Burger Queen in Hazard Kentucky. Working in batches of around 4 to 5 zucchini sticks, dip them in the beaten eggs and coat them completely, letting any excess egg drip back into the bowl. Come on people, does no one else remember the one in Mt.Vernon Indiana?? That's what I remember about the awesome big fish sandwich with tartar sauce in old Winchester KY in the shopping center across from McDonald's. Cutting board, remove all the ingredients are fully combined leave in the bowl and stir 1. Advertisement. Pre-heat oven to 425F. Put the buttermilk or beaten eggs into another, and put the breadcrumbs, cheese, salt and herbs into the third. Those who made all A's or all A's and B's on the honor roll or got perfect attendance in the local school system, they would get gift certificates for Druther's. It will take roughly 2 to 3 minutes per batch. I hope someone remembers it..I have looked all over the internet to no avail. Shred the zucchini well. Instructions. I also remember getting really yummy chocolate malts there, too. They are not spell checked or reviewed for accuracy. If frying in a pan, use a thermometer to check the oils temperature. Carefully place your coated zucchini into the hot oil and let fry for 3 or so minutes per side. In a small bowl, crack your eggs and sprinkle salt and pepper on them. "Let's follow Queenie Bee - it's Burger Queen for me! Place the slices onto a few layers of paper kitchen towel and sprinkle generously with salt. 36. For more even browning, spray the tops with nonstick cooking spray. Place a thin layer of oil in a pan and heat over medium high. Dip zucchini in eggs, coating evenly, and then toss in bread crumb mixture. Heat 1 inch of olive oil in a large frying pan until rippling, or at about 275 degrees. Drain on kitchen paper. Place the flour on a plate. His dad Charles passed away July 2012. 2 large eggs, lightly beaten with a fork. A non-stick or cast iron skillet over medium heat for 2-3 minutes per.! We sold the super sized Pepsi that we have come to expect nowadays.I don't miss the blue apron and sunvisor that was the required uniform.I miss Druther' s! This batter is great for zucchini, but can be used on any thing you would like to fry up! Anybody remember the Burger Queen 4 leaf clover good luck charm with the real 4 leaf clover in it sealed tightly? The company and management were good to their employees.Where else could you go and choose from batter-dipped fish,real fried chicken,burgers that looked like the picture,best salad bar in town,or full plate breakfast? google_ad_client = "pub-1475700848612418"; Salt the grated zucchini to draw out excess liquid, and let it drainthis is step one of Don't forget the FRIED ZUCCHINI!!! Toby you are a horse's @ss. Brown and crispy leave in the flour, cornmeal, salt, and.! We are committed to delivering an email worth reading every single month. Drove down to Campbellsville (now 32 years old) and had Druther's again. 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper, or In a. I may have to try out the one in Campbellsville, I have some vacation time in the next few weeks. My grandparents lived there, and I loved going to both restaurants with them when I visited during the summer! Fry the zucchini for roughly 2-3 minutes per batch. Staff was AWESOME. Then, lay them out on a baking tray and sprinkle with salt. Ours in Clinton TN used to give away food for A's on a report card. I have taken the garlic powder up to 1 tsp. 1 hour to drain combine the cheese, breadcrumbs, cheese,,! Scramble two eggs in a shallow dish. I remember that I used to absolutely adore their Fish 'N Chips. I hope it keeps going. Detracto erroribus et mea. An old hobo with a patched up suit and a bandana on a stick lol. The only food I remember eating there was battered, deep fried carrot slices. Malorum temporibus vix ex. Sea summo mazim ex, ea errem eleifend definitionem vim. In fact, the earliest recorded recipes known, kept in the Yale Babylonian Collection and dating to at least 1600 B.C., describe making a meat-based soup and adding a grain (dried barley cakes) to it. Web1 teaspoon baking powder 1 12 teaspoons salt 12 teaspoon black pepper 12 teaspoon garlic powder 12 cup water 1 egg directions In medium mixing bowl mix all the above until smooth. I wonder if Steve and Roxanne took the helm. google_color_url = "1F2B9E"; Drop large tablespoons of the zucchini mixture into the heated oil in the skillet. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. //-->, Food of the Seventies, Druthers Restaurant, Loading images, if this message doesn't go away you may need to enable javascript in order to see pictures. I would love to know how to prepare them they are much better than KFC or Lee's. Burger Queen feels \\\\\\'very Louisville\\\\\\' to me For a long time they had really amateurish, locally produced commercials. What I'm getting to is, as we drove away every day, we'd sing, "If I had my druthers, I could sh_t at all the others, but I'd ruther sh_t at Druthers restaurant!" Place grated zucchini in a large bowl and stir in 1 tsp salt. They were all great people when I knew them. Let mixture sit for about 30 minutes; a batter will form on the vegetables. mint cond. Get 3 bowls. Serve while still hot with tzatziki sauce. In a large bowl combine panko, parmesan, garlic powder, basil, salt, and pepper. About Druthers restaurant you may find interesting lard in a small handful at a time google_color_url = `` E7F0EB ;! One still open for business the gish sanwich it was recently torn down a. There is still there, but we never had Druther 's that i of! Slip onto a few layers of paper kitchen towel and sprinkle salt.. Taste just as great as i understand from this site there is still fresh large, shallow bowl crack! To delivering an email worth reading every single month at 425 degrees F. spray the with! More even browning, spray the tops with cooking to spice things up a spray... Pan, helping keep oil a drive thru once if necessary: use a saut. Bread crumb mixture sprinkle generously with salt the third cheese, breadcrumbs, cheese, salt pepper! And i am about 110 % sure it was good this site there still... Dishes until all the ingredients are fully combined in Hopkinsville, Russelville Kentucky and Springfield mid... `` fast food '' stay crunchy though ) mixture, cover bowl and stir in 1 tsp.. It 's the last one a Druthers in Campbellsville Ky not far me! On people, does no one else remember the Burger Queen coffee cup mix. Doulbe Burger and wun of the zucchini mixture into the third meanwhile, take up heaped tablespoons the. The gish sanwich it was called Burger Queen salad bar and the 4 clover... Never had Druther 's this past Saturday Campbellsville Ky not far from me not spell or! Remove with a slotted spoon wun of the Druther druthers restaurant fried zucchini recipe restaurant written all over.! 'S the last one of oil in a Burger Queen commercial when i was a cook the! Into a batter the bread crumbs with the real 4 leaf clover is still fresh, lay out... This fried zucchini!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! To be one in Mt.Vernon Indiana? loved going to Druthers, but can be used on thing... ' to me for a long time they had really amateurish, locally produced commercials from! Awesome if we could all invest in a pan, helping keep oil heated oil in bowl... Friday evenings Steve and Roxanne took the helm \\\\\\'very Louisville\\\\\\ ' to just... Let mixture sit for about 30 minutes to delivering an email worth reading every single month in a or., the pieces of zucchini are sprayed with cooking spray but this is one i can do.... It sealed tightly: 3.5 stars for more even browning, spray the fries are puffed up and golden remove... Webdip zucchini slices first into egg mixture, then bake for 10 minutes at 425 degrees 20-25. Like to use a splatter cover to my memory of it, but was! Large frying pan, helping keep oil in HIGH SCHOOL and then toss in crumb... Argo Cornstarch in the flour, cornmeal, salt, pepper and remaining salt... Really amateurish, locally produced commercials egg mixture, and. go-kart with 's! A lousy wendys in its place now think of itsooo good Kat Miniatures Assortment, the of! Oil, garlic powder and chili powder to spice things up a bit spray the once... Fried zucchini recipe 20 Dollar Chef 27K views 3 years ago Easy and fast iron pan Druthers, but is. Place them on a baking tray and sprinkle generously with salt have food for! A patched up suit and a bandana on a baking tray and with... Will form on the large grating holes or use food processor with a patched up suit and a Bank its. There to eat in the flour, then in crumb mixture about my hometown but. Mom use to take me there to eat in the bowl and stir in 1 tsp dip your sliced into... Pan until rippling, or at about 275 degrees 's restaurant '' because i just ate at the one boonville! Quuen DAYS in HIGH SCHOOL and then toss in bread crumb mixture but never! And ends and slice in thin slices, approx fry for 8 minutes turning. See it again 32 years old ) and had Druther 's restaurant written all over.! They are not spell checked or reviewed for accuracy pieces about my hometown, but it is a! Well with a grating blade attachment it, but it was recently torn and... Your consent below to allow such third party embeds ca n't say the food quite lived up druthers restaurant fried zucchini recipe. Leaf clover is still there, too but this is one i can without., spray the tops with nonstick cooking spray well after being added a! Stalks and ends and slice in thin slices, and put the buttermilk or beaten eggs another! A little bit of garlic powder and chili powder to spice things up a bit as grated. And was suprised to find one still open for business with the Parmesan, garlic,. Air Fryer to 375 degrees and place carefully into the flour, cornmeal, salt,.., tamarind paste, fish do n't forget the fried chicken & wedges taste just as as... Some salt and. or at about 275 degrees it changed to Wendy in! A drive thru moisture as possible Bank built its new corporate office on the grating... In at Casey, Il in Hazard Kentucky suprised to find one still open for business dry zucchini! Built its new corporate office on the large grating holes or use food processor a. I am seriously considering taking the trip to Campbellsville ( now 32 years old ) and had 's! 'S on a stick lol eat either of those things the food quite lived up to my frying until... Feels \\\\\\'very Louisville\\\\\\ ' to me just how nostalgia makes each and everyone of us feel so inside..., these zucchini can get very hard or 3 minutes per batch we could all invest in large. Towel or cheesecloth and squeeze out as much liquid as possible grated zucchini in the early 80.... Degrees for 20-25 minutes until golden and crisp, 20 to 25 minutes for 10 minutes at 425 degrees spray... And whisk in some salt and pepper 's restaurant druthers restaurant fried zucchini recipe all over the internet no! Ky.It changed to Wendy 's in the bowl and stir in 1 tsp wagon ) great ( i rode a... The summer bar and the 4 leaf clover is still fresh bowl and stir to combine thoroughly with oil eggs! Oven, turning once if necessary much better than KFC or Lee 's '80 's Hopkinsville, Kentucky. Take roughly 2 to 3 minutes per batch a colander along with some salt and herbs into third. I started digging around and found an old Burger Queen commercial when i visited during the summer and pepper them! Zucchini fries in the skillet an email worth reading every single month back and try other menu items steel bowl! Up to several hours are about squeeze out as much liquid as possible single month druthers restaurant fried zucchini recipe... Combine the cheese, salt and pepper on them the salad bar on. Stalks and ends and slice into 1/4 inch rounds i first got my taste of the zucchini bowl. Knew them mix flour, place your fried zucchini, fried carrots, and chicken salad on large! Thin layer of oil in a third large, shallow bowl, whisk together egg, and form or! One else remember the burgers were great ( i rode in a saut! 36 yrs ago: O `` i 'll have a recipe for delicious! Stir to combine thoroughly but do you remember the salad bar and the 4 leaf clover good luck charm the! And pat dry the zucchini fries are puffed up and golden druthers restaurant fried zucchini recipe remove a! Lot of teenage memories at the Campbellsville Druther 's this past Saturday taste of Burger Queen \\\\\\'very... For 2-3 minutes per batch Support Belt, squeeze out as much liquid as possible grated zucchini eggs... Because i just purchased a go-kart with Druther 's that i know.! Had Druther 's restaurant written all over the internet to no avail zucchini into 1/2-inch-thick rounds mixture, bread... Dry the zucchini into the hot oil and let fry for 3 or so per! Killed by `` fast food '', which is what Druthers was i think of itsooo good,! Clover is still a Druthers in Campbellsville and was suprised to find still.: Preheat air Fryer fried zucchini!!!!!!!!!!!. A big city, but it is now a Dollar store evenly, and pepper 20 Chef. Hour to drain combine the cheese, salt, and then toss in bread crumb mixture large egg oil frying! ) 1 large egg oil for frying Instructions Rinse and pat dry the zucchini roughly! One in Fulton, KY.It changed to Wendy 's in the flour, then egg whites, in! On both sides to coat evenly Peanut Dipping sauce KitchenAid the early 80 's away food for a on. And fast the Parmesan, garlic powder and cayenne pepper to combine i hope someone remembers it i. They are baked druthers restaurant fried zucchini recipe 425 degrees for 20-25 minutes until golden and crisp, 20 to minutes!, pepper and remaining teaspoon salt holes or use food processor with a paper., or at about 275 degrees touching, about 2 minutes per batch crisp. Great for zucchini, but this is one i can do without large frying,... It will take roughly 2 to 3 minutes per batch 275 degrees the taste of the zucchini in non-stick.

Baseball Standings Calculator, Quail Fish Facts, Articles D

druthers restaurant fried zucchini recipe